I’ll admire you quietly.

Never admire quietly, 

If I see beauty, I say it brightly.

 If I love you, I'll make it known, 

If your lashes are long, if your eyes have shone.

If your voice is sweet, I’ll praise it too, 

Whether you sing for me or not, it's true. 

If you work late into the night, 

I’ll bring you coffee, 

keep your spirits light.

If you're passionate about what you do,

 I’ll light candles of hope just for you. 

If your day is rough, I’ll be a clown,

 Doing silly things to chase your frown.

If you hurt me, I’ll think you're stressed, 

A bad day’s weight upon your chest. 

If you make me cry, I'll find relief, 

Crying on your shoulder, sharing grief.

If you stand for me, I'll stand by you, 

I’ll rally the world to see you through. 

If I die, my love will still protect, 

But if I'm alive and you reject,

I'll step away, not make a fuss, 

Admiring you quietly, as I must.

( inspired by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unspoken Struggle: Growing Up in a Joint Family

In the solace of paper, my pen's embrace,

I walked alone on an unfamiliar path