In the solace of paper, my pen's embrace,

 In the stillness of the night, I'm wide awake,

Silent tears trace the journey on my face.

Only I bear the weight of what I've lost,

The skin I wear feels worn, like a heavy cost.

Success, once mine, breeds envy's seed,

Friends turn to foes, like swords indeed.

Longing for days of pride and love,

I grapple with secrets held high above.

Why my heart aches, I can't express,

Each morning a storm, night a funeral dress.

I laugh out loud to drown the inner scream,

Seeking peace, chasing a vanishing dream.

I yearn to forget the friends of yore,

Mentors once revered, now a distant shore.

Memories linger, a haunting wraith,

I crave happiness, escape from this scathe.

In the solace of paper, my pen's embrace,

I confide in the pain, seeking grace.

Let the mat bow my head once more,

Grant me peace, my Lord, I implore 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Justice Iqbal Hameed Ur Rehman "The Royal Blood"

Once upon a time

To the lost bonds