“A thousand days of shadows”

In the realm of life's journey, I once believed caste and tribe were insignificant,

Yet as days flowed by, I discerned their weight, the significance of shared blood.

Even amongst adversaries, royal lineage holds sway, a truth I now embrace.

It's acceptable to drift from friends with whom we once shared a profound bond,

But intertwining families in lost friendships leaves a bitter stain on the heart.

Life's tutelage has unveiled countless truths, and I rejoice in seeing souls unmasked,

I tread among the outspoken and forthright, but guard against silent minds concealing malevolence.

For years, I dwelled with one who harbored intense enmity, cloaked in personal jealousy,

Through the tempest of emotions, I learn and grow, resolving to avoid the double-faced.

 I yearn for the moments invested in people, the time and aid generously given,

Yet, some proved undeserving of such care, and their absence leaves a void.

Beware of families proclaiming wealth and noble lineage, while their riches are but a facade,

Finally, after a thousand days in darkness, I awaken to newfound awareness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Justice Iqbal Hameed Ur Rehman "The Royal Blood"

Once upon a time

To the lost bonds